Friday, July 13, 2007

Head for the hills!

Perhaps I stick my head in the sand, live in denial, whatever, but I pretty much avoid watching news shows on TV. Even the kids have figured out that TV news = bad news. Between the scary things in the back of my veggie drawer and the relentless recurrence with which everything in this house needs to be cleaned, I've ample opportunity for dread.

And lets not forget blogland (the land of blog?) wherein the unsuspecting inquiring mind can be led to something like Caffeinated Lip Balm. So help me. And Shower Shock Caffeinated Soap. No, really. Scary, ain't it? What will Stardollars coffee do to counter-act this blatant infringement on their turf? Think about it--if everyone's getting their caffeine buzz elsewhere, it could lead to vacant storefronts on every corner in America. Thousands of out-of-work barristas with no marketable job skills, forming their own special-interest groups, gathering for a Billion Barrista Bevy, tossing out sound-bites to news services ("the very structure of our society is eroding", "it's time to stop the insanity--we must bring back coffee", "if not in my generation, then for my children").

It's a scary world out there, people. Stick to tea.

No comments: