Monday, August 28, 2006

Grand Opening

Although I usually try VERY HARD not to be too serious on a Monday (if ever there was a day that needed levity, it's Monday), I have something that's not all that comical, and pertains in no way to knitting--unless you count the fact that I knitted in the car on the way there. As a passenger, I promise!

Yesterday was the Grand Opening celebration for the main campus of my church. We attended the main campus for almost 2 years, so we dodged construction debris pretty much the whole time we were there. Leave it to us to switch to a different campus right before the work is finished and the kids are out of the trailors! Even though I wasn't there physically yesterday, I celebrated for a couple of reasons: 1) It's my church and I'm supposed to, right? 2) It was an occasion for some really good free pubicity (no, not for me!). Now think about it---a large church + article in local paper = good pubicity ???? Something is definitely wrong with THAT equation!! But, you can read it for yourself here. Pretty cool, huh? Seriously, it's a great bunch of people, and I'm happy to be there. God's Word is preached, people are loved and changed, and I'm challenged--all the time! Doesn't get much better than that :)

No comments: