Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ahh, Peace!

While I believe firmly that children learn all the time, even when it doesn't look like it, I still can't help but appreciate days like today. It looked to me like they actually learned something!! Maybe it's just my extreme affection for books, but I get excited when many books get read and discussed. And my 5 yo son actually wrote something on his own!

So today I feel (almost) successful as a homeschooling Mom. I've had a glimmer of peace and of pieces falling into place in our homeschool adventure. I close the day with a contented sigh and a prayer of thanks. And a mental note to let tomorrow be its own day~~without unfair comparisons to today. Matthew 6:34 already!

1 comment:

Brian said...

You are a success! I am so glad that there are days when you are rewarded for all the times you keep plugging along with no feedback. You are an awesome wife and mother!