Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Charity Knitting Spotlight, part 2

...in which I continue to natter on about charity knitting...

Remember this sweater? Well it finally got mailed off to Knit for Kids. I don't really remember how long it took me to knit it--those were the days pre-Ravelry before I could easily record the start and end dates of my projects--but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it took longer to get it to the post office than it took to knit! Which brings me to:

Reasons to knit for charity, 4-5:
4. If the charity is in another city/state/country and you have to mail it, it gives you a chance to work on your follow-through for getting things out the door and to the post office.
5. Knitting for charity gives you the chance to learn new knitting skills, stitch patterns, etc. while helping someone else be warmer and feel loved.

No comments: