Tuesday, August 10, 2010
August** Plans: A To-Do List for the End of Summer
1) Eat peaches procured from Dillard's Peaches in Greer (aka the best peaches east of the Mississippi). Try not to say, "Wow, these peaches are so great!!" with every bite.
2) Take full advantage of Duran Duran Appreciation Day and play every DD song on Youtube. All. Day.
3) Finish knitting my first-ever sweater-for-me, just in time to put it away until, what? January?
4) Start novel revision by getting all 50,000+ words in one place (more or less in order) on the computer.
5) Begin outline for this November's NaNoWriMo novel, by deciding if an evil twin is necessary or if a nefarious look-alike is sufficient in the cast of characters, PLUS--which one of the people I know in my real life will get killed off this time?? Fictionally, of course.
6) Read City of Heroes: The Great Charleston Earthquake of 1886 in time for the 124th anniversary of the big quake on August 31.
7) Try to take in some of TCM's Summer Under the Stars, especially Norma Shearer on the 13th and Katherine Hepburn on the 20th.
8) Take lots of walks, storing up the memory of the heat and humidity for the long winter days ahead. Bwahahahaha!
**august-adj: respected and impressive
**August-noun: the eighth month of the year